From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:11:08 -0800
Hi to all on BEE-L

It was written:
I too have heard that all but the Weslaco bee labs were not
in the president's budget.

 My sources say it is apparently true and the beekeeping
industry in the
US is aware and mobilizing.

Reply:
This reconfiguration of labs has been on the books for
quite a while now with all labs to be closed with the
exception of Weslaco.

Yes the industry as I understand it is quite aware, but
also is aware of needing positive research and not negative
research. There is a big difference between the two. I also
believe that land grant universities were to be part of
this in the long term planning.Anyone heard of anything yet
pertaining to the land grant universities?

Dee