Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2007 20:46:04 -0400
Hello All,
I'm seeing a substantial mite fall on all my bottom boards.  I've pulled my supers off last week and have put formic on.  Three hives have just had new queens installed so I'm delaying treatment on them for 2 weeks.  I'm nervous about that. Honey flow for me was weak this year.  Appears the Russian hives did slightly better again.  In my yard the Russian hives have been averaging 131 lbs per colony for the last 4 years compared to other queens from Hawaii, Australia and letting a few colonies make there own they have been averaging 104 to 116lbs.

Kent Stienburg
Eastern Ontario Canada