From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 2015 10:14:24 -0700
" One molecule,  is the same as One part?  So if
I get a dose of say 5 ppb,  I block off 5 synapse?"

Five ppb of most pesticides in one gram of nectar is something like 10 to the 12th power of molecules or ten trillion molecules.  More molecules than a human has cells in his whole body.  Or almost as much as the US national debt in dollars.  Individual molecules are pretty small critters.

Dick

" Any discovery made by the human mind can be explained in its essentials to the curious learner."  Professor Benjamin Schumacher talking about teaching quantum mechanics to non scientists.   "For every complex problem there is a solution which is simple, neat and wrong."  H. L. Mencken