From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 17:25:35 -0400
William said "No mites.

Just makes you wonder what is going on.  Any other people finding the same?"

I haven't seen a mite on my bees all year.  I have looked many time by ether roll and pulling drone brood.  However, I was a bee inspector earlier in the year and saw thousands in other hives.  I know mites are there and am afraid to not treat, so I am going to treat.  If they are not there, there is no risk of them developing resistance.  If they are there, I want to destroy all I can before production of final brood for the season.

Lloyd
Lloyd Spear, Owner of Ross Rounds, Inc.
Manufacturer of round comb honey equipment and Sundance pollen traps