From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2008 15:58:41 EDT
I agree that breeding for resistance, selection of stock is the way to go -
but many of our beekeepers and growers won't last long enough.  Dee shows
uncommon courage and perserverance in letting selection take its  course.  Most
beekeepers and growers like to stay in business, avoid going  bankrupt, want a
pay check, ability to cover the mortgage.

Treating for Nosema may be the only option at present to keep individual
operations in business.  It is a stop gap at best.

I've got one colony that has made it through two waves of CCD - want to  find
more.  We'll get these to Sue Colby, as we find them.

Not sure treating comb with anything will help much.  We're not  recovering
much Nosema from comb, we're finding it in the bees  themselves.

Jerry

Finance.      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)