From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 2015 04:47:38 -0500
The answer: two years for the offspring of that single mite to build up and crash the first hive, which then gets robbed by the other 999 hives.  Two years later, the entire operation crashes.  So much for a 99.99% kill.

I agree  100 %....  what I am trying to say that with your 80% kill  that one mite  and her friends are still there.  And shes reproducing at exactly the same rate as she was before...  since they are essentially clones, her genetics are not diluted......so as with your example,  all her kin are restiant,  And now her friends kin are more partial restiant.

For a low efficacy treatment to work,  we would mathematically have to dilute her productivity.  What I am saying is she is a constant,  no matter what you do to her friends.

I suspect,  that in many cases that % missed is more likely application.  In that case of real genetic restiance,  it happens as you say,  super fast.

Charles