From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 01:23:10 -0500
>I think I once read an article on this which found that milk solids were an
>excellent feed source, but I can't remember where. I also think that a small
>amount of milk solids are an ingredient in Bee-Pro; a commercial pollen
>replacement mix.

I believe that "Haydak's mix" was soyflour, brewers yeast, skim milk powder
in a 3:1:1 ratio.  I have a feeling that bee-pro is similar.

Although I have used skim milk powder in the past, now that I have pollen to
mix I have increased the brewer's yeast (due to Andy's and Mark's posts) and
left out the milk powder.  Much as it hurts me to say this, since I am a
dairy farmer, the milk powder was the most expensive ingredient.

Regards, Stan