From:
Ben Hanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 11:12:52 -0500
I'm very concerned that this discussion implies my bees might not be Christian.....
Actually they haven't arrived yet. I'm expecting shipment on April 20 and am getting my hive ready
today.

Would anyone suggest that if I find I have been shipped Buddhist bees that Varroa mites shouldn't be
killed as they might be the ancestors of my bees and therefore family, and if they are Muslim do I
need to point the hive in a particular direction?

Why can't all the bees of the world just live in harmony and respect the other religions of other
breeds?

Are the Africanized bees, therefore, evangelical bees?  They seem to be trying to bring others into
the fold.  I suggest, therefore, we rename the species Missionary bees in honor of their holy
battle.

Sorry if I'm stepping on any toes, but the religious implications of beekeeping are escaping me at
the moment...

Ben