From:
John Partin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 11:49:06 -0400
Are you saying that if I bought a good tested AI queen from a very good
queen breeder from the NORTH and raised queens in the South from this
queen that some how her offspring would not be as good as queens  raised
from her sisters bred to the same drones  raised in the NORTH.
  I think it makes very little difference where the queen is raised in
how  she will perform. Her genetics and how well she was raised and bred
is what makes the difference unless the  genes change in that shipping
cage.
   There are 100s of 1000s of hives that come SOUTH every year to
requeen and make splits to get their nums rite.  All I know of use
queens that are raised in the SOUTH.  Most all of these queen breeders
rely on genetics from the North to raise all these `queens from.  All of
these beekeepers go North and make good crops on queens raised in the
SOUTH.
   I agree that the genetics should come from the North but where they
are raised makes little difference.
BUD