From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 11:05:42 -0400
Bob Harrison said "We use "Bee go" in Missouri but my northern
friends say "honey robber" will work better than "bee go" in colder
temps. I have never used "honey robber" so can't say if they are
correct. Maybe other bee-L readers can help?"

I use honey robber and find it works fine above 70 degrees F.  I am advised
it is the same as Bee Go, except with something added to get rid of the
terrible smell.

Unfortunately, the label is almost useless in figuring out how to use the
stuff and I have found that many beekeepers say "it won't work", when they
really don't know how to use it.  The key is to get "a lot" of chemical on
the pad, but keep the pad a little distance away from the bees.

I clip the bottle nozzle to allow just a fine stream when squeezed.  My
"pad" is an inner cover with an old towel stapled to it.  I also have four
one-inch long by 3/4" wide pieces of wood nailed to the toweling side.  For
some reason, if the bees get too large a dose of the stuff, they don't move!
This leads to beekeepers thinking that the stuff doesn't work.  The purpose
of the 3/4" thick pieces of wood is to keep the pad slightly above the
super.  This prevents a "large dose", and the bees move away quickly.

If you have not had luck, try the above.

Lloyd
Lloyd Spear, Owner, Ross Rounds, Inc.  The finest in comb honey production.
www.rossrounds.com