From:
ETS Nederland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 2015 16:50:17 +0100
Randy, this is what Bayer published when imidacloprid was introduced to the US market in 1991. They retracted the key message of course after my 2010 publication, but it is a fact that nAChRs are blocked by imidacloprid, otherwise there would be no insecticidal action.

The biochemistry of imidacloprid  [1991]

Abbink, J. (Bayerwerk A.G., Wuppertal-Elberfeld (Germany). Pharma-Forschungszentrum)

Abstract:
Imidacloprid belongs to the group of nitroguanidines. Many representatives of this class of compounds, and imidacloprid in particular, have an excellent insecticidal action. This high activity is brought about by binding of imidacloprid to the nicotinergic acetylcholine receptor in the insects's nervous system, which interferes with chemical signal transmission. Methods for isolating nicotinergic acetylcholine receptors from the heads of Stomoxys calcitrans and for measuring the binding affinity, if any, of a substance on such receptors have been developed. The neurophysiological properties of the nicotinergic acetylcholine receptors of Stomoxys calcitrans, which include the binding of imidacloprid, are described in detail. Imidacloprid is the first highly effective insecticide whose mode of action has been found to derive from almost complete and virtually irreversible blockage of postsynaptic nicotinergic acetylcholine receptors in the central nervous system of the insect pest Stomoxys calcitrans

Pflanzen.-Nachr. Bayer 1991 Vol 42 (183-195)

I am saying no more than what Bayer said in 1991.

Henk