From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2013 07:57:16 -0700
>Randy is always slamming the "big Boys" in his articles or those with a
different opinion than his (or you two)

Bob, I don't understand why you are trying to foment this sort of nonsense.
 I have very good relationships with many of the biggest commercial
beekeepers in the country, and since I make my own living off my own
commercial operation, respect them, their methods, and their opinions
greatly.  Much of the information in my article came directly from a number
of them.

I empathize completely with any beekeeper who suffers from substantial
losses, having experienced such devastating losses myself a few times
during my career.  I cannot understand how you could twist my article to
suggest that there were not substantial losses this winter--that is exactly
what the article was about--detailing the progression of those losses.

>The problem is not factual but (like the list finds with many scientists
studies on the list) with conclusions you present in your article while it
seems completely ignoring to even discuss what the beekeeping industry
talking points discussed by both the ABF, AHPA and other organizations.

Bob, unlike some, I prefer to deal in facts.  However, I am curious as to
which specific "conclusions" you take issue with.  I work closely with the
leaders of the ABF, AHPA, and other organizations, and feel that we are all
pretty much on the same page as to addressing the issues of our industry.

>Care to discuss the EPA visiting almonds twice over the winter?

Sure, what's to discuss?

>The three current lawsuits by beekeepers?

Sure again--go ahead and bring forward the facts to discuss.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA