From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 2015 06:39:37 -0700
Note to all,

I feel that it is really important that we understand any long-term or
cumulative effects of chemical exposure (such as the clear adverse effects
of  exposure to heavy metals), and for the purposes of this thread, those
of neonicotinoids specifically.

Christina, when I ask you for supportive evidence for the hypothesis, the
reason is that I'm assuming that you are promoting that hypothesis due to
already having evidence at hand (such as published studies or your own
research).

I don't want you to take that request as an adversarial challenge to
"prove" anything.  I'm not here to win an argument--I'm interested better
understanding what has been discovered, or exactly what kind of research
needs to be done to answer that question.

I appreciate having you in this discussion due to your expertise in
neurology.  We also have a few other posters to the list with expertise in
toxicology, chemistry, and pharmacology.  And this is why I invited Dr.
Tennekes to join the discussion.  I've been following the "cumulative
effects hypothesis" since he proposed it, and have previously corresponded
at length with another of his coauthors (Henk, I'm cc'ing you again, but
please subscribe to the List to join this discussion from this point on).

So why don't we carefully review the scientific (as well as on-the-ground)
evidence to date as to the long-term effects of the strong binding affinity
of neonics on either individual honey bees, honey bee colonies, or other
organisms?  But let's not waste the List's time.  I suggest that we cite
actual data--not papers in which someone is citing someone else's opinion.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA