From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2009 22:59:43 -0000
Dick Marron wrote:

> I've been lurking and reading every word of bee-l for years. I,ve seen
> things get feisty and usually get some entertainment value from it. To
> characterize Jims post as "vitriolic" may itself contain some vitriol. I
> didn't see it and was surprised at your note.

Hello Dick

I am surprised at the subject line of your post.  If we remove [BEE-L] and
add the letter 'n' to 'clarificatio' it would be precisely the same as the
subject line of an email that Jim sent to me, but which does not seem to
have appeared on the list.  Remarkable co-incidence.

However, to answer your point, are we not again in subjective territory?
Perhaps you - and Jim - have a different view from mine as to what is, or is
not, vitriolic; emails that I have received off-list, together with previous
reactions Jim's periodic outbursts, suggest that my view prevails.

But enough of this - it does not advance our of knowledge of bees which is
the reason (I think I can safely assume, for once) that we subscribe to this
excellent list.
Best wishes

Peter Edwards
beekeepers at stratford-upon-avon.freeserve.co.uk