From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 05:03:40 -0700
...unless you follow the guidelines.

I now delete about five or more otherwise good posts a day from my moderator's
inbox.

I often don't even bother to read much if they obviously don't meet the quote
limit (see note below).

They are rejected without consideration simply because the writer did not bother
to read the rules for posting to BEE-L.

I used to edit some of the better ones and post them.  Aaron has done the same,
but none of us has time any more, and I think we have also run out of patience,
particularly with those who take more time to berate us than it would take them
to read the rules and fix their work up to standards.

The rules are simple and clear-cut.  They are available, complete with detailed
explanations and some handy tools at http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/BEE-L/
and several other places.

Please read them before writing to BEE-L, and refer to them if your post does
not appear on the list in a reasonable time.  You will receive a copy of your
own post back after approval if you have not set your options to NOMAIL or
NOREPRO.  (why would you?)

If you did not get accepted, it is up to you to figure out why and repair your
post and send it in again.

Note: Long quotes are okay if they are quotes of material not previously posted
to BEE-L, such as private communications, USENET posts, etc.  Please DO NOT post
material (particularly copyrighted material) from websites where simply giving
the URL would take the reader there to read the whole thing, unless you are
using an excerpt in your own writing.

allen
-----
Access over ten years of bee discussions.
Search BEE-L and sci.agriculture.beekeeping at
http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/