From:
David Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 20:44:46 EST

<< I must offer quick and sincere apologies to the list and specifically to
 Stefan Stangaciu for my last post to BEE-L.  My post was intended for a
 different list and was not intended to be a public rebuke of Stefan's
 beliefs. >>

   Awwww, c'mon Aaron......

   Stefan was baiting us, and we knew it!   I understand where he's coming
from, just that my experience with the bees has actually been just the
opposite. (Interesting how the bees'll suck the juice from the sugar cane
stubs after harvest!)

    I have a friend who helped me some. Then he got a  hive of his own.
Suddenly, he knew everything to know about bees and beekeeping. He was telling
me all the things I do wrong, and offering advice on better ways. Some of his
advice was totally off-the-wall. I listened to it all, laughed at some,
explained some, and hoped he might come up with a real good idea. After awhile
he settled down and he doesn't tell me how backwards I am so much, anymore.
Unless one is a creative genius, it'd be better to watch an experienced
beekeeper carefully and copy their methods; they have been tried and true.
Then after learning the traditional ways well, start to experiment.

    Well we are all learning. Sometimes it gets a little rowdy, but we still
can learn. And once in a while the "experts" can learn from the novices.

You can put away the hair shirt, Aaron. We won't expell you. Oh wait a
minute......

Dave Green   SC  USA
The Pollination Home Page   http://www.pollinator.com
The Pollination Scene   http://members.aol.com/pollinator/polpage1.html

Expert:  An "ex" is a has-been; a "spurt" is a big drip under pressure.