From:
Beekeepers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2017 23:17:33 +0100
>In the case where Ling stores are not harvested, say down in the brood chamber, will it also ferment in the hive's capped comb?

Have never seen that - it always seems to be capped in the brood box.

Heather colonies (i.e. those that went to the heather) are almost always are the best colonies the following spring, probably due to the high pollen content of the heather honey giving them a head start.  However, because of this high pollen level they do need regular open days through the winter when they can fly and void.  In 30+ years I have only once seen heather colonies weaker in the following spring.

Wonderful aroma of heather when you do first inspections in the following spring.

Best wishes

Peter
52°14'44.44"N, 1°50'35"W