From:
Gordon Hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 10:40:54 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, December 24, 1999 11:57 AM
Subject: Re: Bee Seasons/Access to Lands

> I recently did a presentation at my local bee club on the merits
> of keeping records. Although it was very well received and some
> folks promised to begin keeping some kind of record, most of them
> thought that they would not keep records to the same extent that
> I do.

This seems to be the nature of people in general. A lot of people don't see
the need to keep records of data like you listed in your message. But the
keeping of records is important in any business/hobby endeavor. Soemtimes
the difference between a good ? and a great ? is the extent of their record
keeping.

It probably wouldn't be tooooo hard to set up a spreadsheet to collect your
data. Or maybe a database template. After all, if someone came up with a
software program to collect this data it would be in reality a standalone
spreadsheet or database.

It would be nice if there was a localized place to compare data from various
areas. Maybe we could find some bit of information that would help us combat
diseases and pests of honeybees more effectively. What say ye all?

Gordon Hayes

http://www.evansville.net/~flashgh
http://www.sixfigureincome.com/?122477