Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 07:51:03 -0600
On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Aaron Morris wrote:
> I have not done so (artificially restrict the amount of drone brood to some
> arbitrary limit)

Hi Aaron:

When I started beekeeping about 25 years ago I bought foundation that
was all worker size. I have continued to replace bad (misshapen combs
with big patches of drone cells and broken combs) with nice new worker
foundation. The result of course is mostly worker brood, which was
always thought of as desirable. If bees normally produce 30% drone
cells this has been a pretty artificial restriction in drone brood,
even though that was not a deliberate goal.

Best regards,

Donald Aitken
Edmonton Alberta Canada