Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 2009 08:46:14 -0400
>  It's sad that we are still talking about whether it
> happened or not.

It is not that it happened, but what caused it to happen. H said it
was pesticides. But CCD is now being tied to virus and other pathogens
that cause RNA damage. H had high Varroa loads that year and was told
his bees were in trouble, which fits with the latest science and
explains why his bees died.

So now we are narrowing it down to what virus or combo leads to the
definitive CCD marker of non-robbing, since everything else is
consistent with current science.

Which leads us back to the practical world. Control mites. The rest is
academic in the purist sense of that word.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine