Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2013 10:54:19 -0400
>We can easily see what is going on. The cell itself is build from the base as a hexagonal tube, but the cap is filled in as a closing circle.

...and if photographed from directly above, it would appear to be a round cell.  Notice the way the facets of the cell walls appear to be a bit pillow shaped (fat in the middle, skinny in the corners).  In the 'before' photo in the magazine article posted yesterday (the one of the round cell), I think you can see this a bit at the 6:00 position...but it's hard to tell how deep that cell is.

deknow