From:
Jorn Johanesson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 May 1999 19:20:16 +0200
-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Mark Gosswiller <[log in to unmask]>
Til: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Dato: 8. maj 1999 04:48
Emne: 7 swarms

>I am happy to report that I went out
>today and checked each hive and found eggs in all 7.  Not very many eggs,
>and not all together either.  But at least I know I got the queen.  But I
>also found in 4 of the 7 hives, queen cells (2 to 3 of them) on the side of
>a couple of the frames.

You have queens in all of those swarms, and the easiest way is to let those new families alone, concerning the queens.

I for my part will not accept swarm queens, if I can avoid it. Swarming is genetic bound, and catching swarms is not what I want to spend my time on. So if I get a swarm I will replace the queen with a mated queen from a known source with queens selected on basic of little swarm tendency.

best regards

Jorn Johanesson

EDBI = multilingual Beekeeping software since 1987
http://home4.inet.tele.dk/apimo (Danmark)
http://wn.com.au/apimo (Austaralia)
http://www.apimo.dk (USA)