From:
Murray McGregor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 18:05:04 +0000
>It's true Nature has found the best way: Once upon a time we had a strong
>honeybee. But nowadays in some countries beekeepers are not working according
>Nature (using artificial breeding methods, pesticides ...). This is the reason
>why the honeybee is getting weaker and weaker.
>
>Organic beekeeping is able to stop the decline of honeybees.

Whilst not wishing to get involved in debate about organic beekeeping or
any other organic matters, I should like to know why you are of the
opinion that honeybees are getting weaker and weaker?

I have neither seen nor heard any evidence to that effect.

To me this sounds like claiming a cure for a non existent complaint.

On the other hand there are nowadays several strains of commercial bee
bred for certain types of environment. If you have met some placed in
the wrong environment it is quite possible that you could have arrived
at your conclusion. I had this experience with some southern USA
caucasians which were useless in Scotland as they had no resistance to
acarine mites. This was my fault for using a poorly adapted bee, and
nothing whatsoever to do with the bees being weak. In their own
environment they would have been fine, with or without organic measures.

murray
--
Murray McGregor