From:
Dave Burrup <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2008 07:52:48 -0700
> " Certainly the most common foe honey bees have are the agricultural
> chemicals they encounter on a
> daily basis. This past season too many beekeepers witnessed the
> differences between colonies that
> visited treated crops, especially corn seed-treated with the new
> neonicitinoid chemicals that protect
> the plant for the entire growing season ... and colonies that stayed "out
> in the woods" as they say,
> far from the farmer's killing fields.

I keep hearing this about imidacloprid seed treatments on corn causing
problems with the bee.  Imidacloprid is in several agriculture chems as well
as being out for the general public to use in their yards.  It is labeled
for use on most if not all of the vegtables and fruit that we eat.  Bees
could be coming in contact with this in a lot more places than corn.