From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 16:18:25 -0500
Hello Mike,

  Evidently the honey just under the cappings have a considerably
> higher pollen content than honey stored deeper into the cell cavity.
> Coments?

I had never heard the above but does not make it not so.

From my experience bees store pollen and honey in seperate cells for the
most part.  In Missouri you see cells filled with pollen stored  in
abundence in a super placed over the brood chamber in a fall flow. When
uncapped you see many , many cells of pollen. When uncapped and extracted
the fall pollen is spread through the honey and at times makes the honey
cloudy.
The bees will only store above the brood area after the brood area is full
of honey and pollen for winter. A true wildflower honey without clover mixed
in is not a easy product to produce in Missouri.
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison