From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 May 1997 13:12:18 -0700
On Thu, 1 May 1997, Walter Patton wrote:

> For what it is worth I also got a nice thank you card from Garyu and wife
> and it made me feel good and I have the card on my desk and I plan to send
> more money to these strangers who  seem to have a lot of class.
>         Walter

 Hello all and Walter,

  I have a nickle to throw out.Some people are ticked off about Al,s post
about not many giving to the pot.We have free speach and it was something
that was bothering him for awhile.Some people are born givers. They are
always helping others.We on the list did not make them that way.We are all
different and thank God for that.Walter recieved something back from Gary
and it was more than the $ 5. Not everyone can and should pay. Gary did
not ask for it and the suggestion came From David up in Onterio Canada.
  I have a point to make about beekeepers. When Vince asked for beekeepers
to put in order the things that was most important to them in beekeeping.
The list was made up for them and the reply was in the 30,s if I remember
right. We had 800 plus on the list. He was not asking for money , he was
asking for what was the most important things for the researchers to work
on to help the beekeepers.I think Varroa came in first. But 30 out of 800
is not a good pole.
 For those that are mad at Al , take Zantac for heart burn. You wont
change Al.We should give each other a little more room to be human. We all
love bees or are in the quest of learning about bees. That is what this
list is for. But we are human and some feel very strongly about helping a
young beekeeper.. Leaving the list for such a little tiraid is a waist. I
like different points of view. That is why I'm going to keep living for a
long time. We have much to live for.Lets be the best beekeepers that we
can be and if we can and feel so inclined to help out another beekeeper ,
please do so. It will make those so inclined feel better themselves. Thats
great. If you don't feel like giving don't. No one has said that we have
to. But the numbers do show that beekeepers do not participate very well ,
for anything , not just money.
 On a lighter side, I have 32 queens talking to me from there cages on my
table here. They smell each other and have been piping back and forth. I
wished that I knew what they were saying. I think it is , get us in hives
right now before it rains again.

 Lets take a breath and go on.
The best regards to a great Bunch of People.
 Roy