From:
Joe Hemmens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 1996 13:01:27 +0000
Dear Lidia

I trained as a farmer many years ago and am particularly interested
in organic farming.  This is why I became interested in treating bees
infested with Varroa with essential oils...

But to try to  answer your question -

You might find that Europe is a better market than the US,  I don't
know much about the American market apart from the fact that tend to
prefer lighter honey and it does not fetch a very high price.  But
there are probably exceptions and it all depends on how much you have
to sell.

In the UK there are quite a few consumers prepared to pay for
interesting high quality honey.  A retailer will generally pay about
=A34/kg.

I would suggest that the best way to market it would be to get in
touch with a  'whole food'  co-operative,  who would be prepared to
purchase a reasonable quantity.

Hope that is helpful

Best wishes

Joe Hemmens