From:
Harry Sweet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 15:14:09 -0500

<<
 Does anyone have experience with Ross Rounds and have any tips,
 especially in the management dept., for someone new to this method of
 getting honey?

 Ted Wout, 3rd year beekeeper, 8 hives, adding 4 this spring
 Red Oak, TX >>

Hi Ted,
Ross rounds are good to have. I've used them for several
years. They make a good queen excluder substitute.
Queens don't seem to like the RR frames.
I put them over 2 hive bodies and honey supers above
so the bees will want to go thru them to the existing honey
above. They worked well for me even without other supers.
I converted my RR's to shallows because RR's have lots
of spaces for moths to hide. When harvesting I see moth
eggs on the combs. Also lots of clean-up.
Try out 1 or 2 & see how you like em.

Harry Sweet
N. california