From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2013 02:49:31 -0400
On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> I think Juanse has figured out what I do, because we often find about
> stuff at the same time.

What an honour to know that . You are certainly the master on keeping track
of research.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUR4aOAXrm4u1dSpt-OyKClA&v=QotQ9Yr__xI&feature=player_detailpage

For me is more than Alerts and implies long hour on the computer. As I do
not know much, when I am reading - either because I do not know the meaning
of a certain word, or even if I know the translation my knowledge about the
subject oblies me to search for that particular piece - I end up in a whole
world of discoveries. Men, I haven't read more before becoming a fulltime
beekeeper, this is endless and fascinating.

On other times is just chance that something appears on Apinews.com,
sciencedirect portalfruticola or other newsletters I am subscribed to or I
get it directly from an email of someone else alerting me. In the last year
I have great fun with twitter @juanseapi if you want to follow.

In the case of Nosema do not know why, but I became part of a group of
researchers that are kind enough to send me their publications.

Now talking about tricks to find a particular paper when you know the title
of it:

1.- As said use scholar.google.com and find the paper by its name. If a
payperview paper ...
2.- type the title in normal google.com and at the end write filetype: pdf
(or any other extension you want ppt xls etc)
3.- Write to the main author.
4.- write to your "librarian"

watch the Sun !
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/07/28/solar-cycle-24-update-2/