From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:27:44 -0400
On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 15:58:41 EDT, Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Not sure treating comb with anything will help much.  We're not  recovering
>much Nosema from comb, we're finding it in the bees  themselves.

interesting piece of data

question that comes to my mind is in the north you get some hives with dwindled cluster and heavy
stains by the entrances. thick enough you can scrape it off with a tool.

if a beek has a scope and can see nosema (not specific to apis or ceranae)  in the poop what advice
would you have before reusing the comb and equipment?

 simple washing of the equipment with soap and water? do nothing? or fumigate?