From:
Stellio Matson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2013 16:04:34 -0700
--- On Wed, 6/5/13, James Fischer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Worse yet, the stuff has a half-life in soil of about 3
> years so once it blows around, subsequent soil disturbances will
> raise more dust.

With what consequences? The amount of clothianidin applied to the seed
and soil per acre is so incredibly small that I would imagine even on
the day after planting one could find plenty of live ants, spiders,
earwigs, frogs, spider beetles, lady bugs and many other critters.
I am unaware of any insecticide that is so powerfully lethal that
miniscule amounts applied per acre could even come close to sterilizing
the treated landscape.  It would be easy to demonstrate this
lack of mass kill by setting out insect glue traps like these
for 24 hours in a corn field the day after planting:
http://d2hc7qlbiv44p1.cloudfront.net/images/thumbnails/catchmaster_72mb.jpg.thumb_350x350.jpg

Paul Cherubini
El Dorado, Calif.