From:
Bill Hesbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2017 10:22:32 -0400
>Does anyone really know how far they fly?

Here's one data point and I found another that said >10km.

>Adult small hive beetles are active flyers (Elzen et al., 1999b, 2000c) and individuals or
occasionally swarms (Tribe, 2000) can infest honeybee colonies. It has been stated (Wenning,
2001), that small hive beetles can detect colonies under stress, e.g. due to disease or management
techniques such as splitting, and that they are able to detect such colonies from a
distance of about 13–16 km.

BTW-the Wenning citation is from an ABJ article: Wenning C.J. (2001) Spread and threat of the small hive beetle, Am. Bee J. 141, 640-643.

https://www.apidologie.org/articles/apido/pdf/2004/03/M4001.pdf?access=ok