From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2008 21:16:20 -0800
Bob,
is caused by desperate starving bees going into frame feeders. Tests done on those bees showed the bees were starving and unable to take syrup.

What  wrong with gut? Thinking back to Sept 07 - Oct 07 with prior looking Aug 07.......
With my bees in the one area in central colo mtns here where I live between Arivaca and Amado, my bees were starving and yet showing other strange doings i.e. shellacing every part of the hives they were in squeaky clean and throwing out pollen/honey on ground in front of hives, bottoms clean for most part. Monsoon was on and plants were blooming all around the area, with pigweeds, ragweeds, morning glory and fennel/burrow......but for all the bloom the bees were not foraging it...........but they were loosely clustered and inside, yet working cleaning depending upon stage they are seen. Tests sent back to me said Nosema..........

However, when I fed fresh frames of honey/pollen from yards in another county where I keep honeybees, they straightened out, and went out foraging again and started brooding up and building up for fall. But monsoons started late and pehaps the bees were already in the mode for doing this strange behaviour, yet strange thinking about it all.........Later it was found out beekeeper next to me in yards was drenching/treating bees within flight distance and artificially feeding. So thinking: Connection with acids?....How?......artificial feeds used? How? Yet, clean fresh honey/pollen frames fed in straightened them out!....Why?

Only thing that makes sense is current research going on in Nordic States on Lactic acid bacteria concerning honey, and now pollen, and now seeing correlation with royal jelly for a whole food picture..........yet so much to learn/read.....put together with others helping/working together.