From:
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 13:36:51 -0400
At 10:08 AM 9/30/97 -0700, you wrote:
But I agree we could share more but I am not sure we need to be pioneers.

Well, we can either be pioneers or wait for someone else, but it may be a
long wait and we may not get what we want or need.

>I don't mind saying I use "MONEY TALKS" for my record keeping. I also use
>"LOTUS" for beekeeping yard management. Don't know if these programs are
>still in use as I use them on a old TANDY TL/2.<g>

Andy, is doesn't matter whether they transfer into more modern
spreadsheets, but how you set them up and what you feel is important would
be a good starting point for discussion.

>I am for that but I would think it would serve us better to know how
>beekeepers are using commercially available data base programs and maybe
>share overlays from these programs that beekeepers have created and use
>themselves.

I think this is what I have said at least twice in the last few weeks.

I have seen a few of these around in the past and they are
>available from most Farm Advisors and farm service providers for other farm
>enterprises.

How about specifics - which programs from where.

>IMHO, ttul, the OLd Drone

Jerry J. Bromenshenk, Ph.D.
Director, DOE/EPSCoR & Montana Organization for Research in Energy
The University of Montana-Missoula
Missoula, MT  59812-1002
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Tel:  406-243-5648