Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 15:28:17 +0200
Apistan has no label claim for wax moth; it's possible that you'd get some
efficacy but nowhere near the level required for control - unlike Varroa or
Braula which are closely associated with their hosts (bees) the wax moth larvae
don't come into direct contact with enough active ingredient. Don't rely on wax
moth control through this product.

The Bti product CERTAN is excellent for control of wax moth - you'd have to
check the regulatory situation in the USA but it's produced by a company called
SWARM SA in France. Contact Jacques Tricoire on 33 1 30 82 29 89, fax 33 1 30 82
27 77

Max

Dr Max Watkins
Technical Development Manager, Sandoz SPC