From:
Jacob Kenner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 2010 23:13:39 -0600
On Jan 4, 2010, at 20:06, Trevor Weatherhead wrote:
> The above seems a bit contradictory to me.  If you are looking at "natural selection" then how can you "introduce" natural selection?   Introduction infers that you are putting in something that doesn't already exist.

It's probably discussing methods along the lines of allowing weak colonies to die and thus not continuing their genetics.  I see lots of people intervening to fix problems that would have naturally caused a colony to be killed off.  Allowing this natural selection to occur may possibly develop genetic lines that are more adapted to surviving diseases or adverse conditions.

Jacob Kenner
Missouri, USA