Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 2009 15:23:27 -0400
> Careful...The Gulf Stream has a much greater effect on the European climate
> than most Americans can imagine.  But 'Northern Sweden' (north of
> Stockholm)
> has a climate similar to inland Maine.  Southern Sweden is very much warmer
> than the Northeastern US.

Close to the coast here in Southern Maine, we are  similar to the Stockholm
area but go more inland and up to northern Maine and you have the same
climate as close to  the Arctic Circle in Sweden. Point is, locations on the
same latitude are no indicator of similar temperatures.

BTW, this year we have had four daytime record  lows and the night before
last, a record low. Last year we had a State record low of -50F. We are
burning wood a month before normal.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine