From:
"Barricklow, Walt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 11:23:39 -0400
I recently put two new package bee hives in a new location for me, but
there is one old hive that is a
double deep super hive already there.  I opened it up to examine it as the
owner requested, and found
that one:  It is  FULL of bees.  2.  It has very few open space to lay in.
3. Brood in top and bottom. Full
of honey and pollen.  The hive looks very industrious.  I believe that the
hive should be split, but did not
have time.  I put on a shallow super just to give the bees more room.
Problem:  I found what looks like
larvae in open comb on top of the frames, hanging on the side and bottom,
just all over the hive. It looks
like small canned shrimps almost no color, but not in combs.  There is a
small amount of what looks like
pollen pieces or crumbs on the bottom board, and at the entrance.  It is a
brown color, like sand.  I don't
know what to do.  I am due for surgery in 3 days and wonder about this old
hive.  My 2 new hives look very
well and are drawing lots of comb, good brood etc. HELP. What should I do.