From:
Malcolm Roe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 1995 13:53:04 +0000
> > I place four cement blocks partially buried in the soil (to anchor
> > them) and sit the hive stand and bottom board on these.
>
> FWIW, I use lightweight building blocks (known in the UK by the trade
> name Thermalite although I usually use Tarmac Toplite).

Cement blocks and similar are good but another possibility, which I use,
is milk or beer crates.  That is, the reusable plastic containers,
used for bulk delivery of glass bottles.  They have the same advantages
but are much lighter and, providing you use large ones, you only need
one for each hive.   However, I doubt that one could locate enough for
large scale beekeeping.

--
Malcolm Roe                                Phone  :  +44 1442 345104
Crosfield Electronics Ltd                  Fax    :  +44 1442 232301