Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2011 19:10:43 -0400
Over the past three years, we've contracted work dealing with  pollination
of several different highly hybridized, and sometimes GMO crops in  the US
and Canada.

As an OLD farmer, who grew up growing several of these crops or if  not as
crops, in my mother's large garden; I've noticed an obvious reduction in
the abundance of pollen, and we've seen scant nectar from crops I had expected
 to have copious amounts.

I've seen enough cases now to begin to wonder how big a facter  this is in
colony condition.

Breed plants for yield, size, color, etc. - forget to check to see  what
the impact is on pollen amount and quality, same for nectar.

Also, years ago, we did some work on bees and cotton.  Those  external
nectaries would be messy, if you were picking cotton.

Jerry