From:
Tom Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:25:08 +0000
Hello All

The shelves in UK supermarkets are virtually denuded of honey due to
streptomycin having been found in Chinese Honey. Chinese honey constitutes
the bulk of the honey imported into the UK. It appears that China is using
streptomycin to handle AFB as resistance to terramycin is now widespread.

It now appears that honey from Mexico is also suspect. I contacted a big
honey importer here in Ireland and was told that all of their honey is
imported from South America.

Have we any info on streptomycin having been found in Argentine or other
South American honey?

Thanks for any input.

Sincerely
Tom Barrett