From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 2013 23:47:15 -0300
On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> > This was a Bayer study I see from the authors.
>
> That's not true. The lead author is a professor at UC Riverside. Two of
> the six authors affiliated with Bayer does not make it "A Bayer Study."

No, but paying for the study might make a person consider it so.  They did
pay for it didn't they?  I don't imagine that UC Riverside funded the lead
author to do the work.

I am not alone in feeling that people doing research on products should be
independent from the manufacturers in both employment AND funding.  Many
people involved with medical research feel it is easy to have a bias and
there are studies showing that.

My point was to question what happens in subsequent years.  We know from
other papers that soil injection around trees can give multiple years of
pest control.  What is the label for citrus?

Thanks for the lead author email.  I will ask for a copy of the paper as
the abstract is insufficient.

Stan