From:
Peter Detchon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2017 11:20:10 +0800
Peter Borst commented that 'the Flow Hive crowd'

'don't want to do anything but siphon off the honey.'

I can't comment on the activity of USA Flow hive beekeepers, but the
Western Australian Flow hive beekeepers are a very active community!

The Flow hive has proven to be instrumental in bringing in a whole new
generation of beekeepers, who for the most part become fascinated by
what is going on throughout the hive, and once they get past the initial
dramas associated with bee stings, want to learn more, and more.  I know
of several who have already progressed beyond the hobby stage to semi
and full  commercial activity! As a group they are really no different
to any others that venture into beekeeping by whatever route.

So it is unwise to  underestimate and demean them.

PeterD

in Western Australia, where the sun is finally making an appearance in
what has until now been a very cool and damp spring!

VESTED INTEREST DISCLOSURE
I have a Flow hive and am highly likely to increase my holding.