From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 1995 07:19:17 -0600
> It is obvious this hasn't been tried, and I am really curious if it would
> work.

It has been tried and is a documented method of queen introduction.  As
far as I can see both methods are basically the same.  It is only a
question of technique.  The feeding and shaking gives the added bonus of
ensuring that the bees will not be cranky if there is a dearth, however it
is possible that the feeding could cause problems if there is robbing in
the yard.

But, if there is robbing going on, all bets are off for either method.

Requeening drone layers is a waste of time for the most part and I believe
we are only discussing this because the original poster has no other hives
from which to make a nuc for intro. (I believe).

Allen

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                        VE6CFK
Rural Route One   Swalwell   Alberta   Canada  T0M 1Y0
Email:   [log in to unmask]    or   [log in to unmask]
Futures, Art & Honey:http://www.cuug.ab.ca:8001/~dicka