From:
Geoff Manning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2014 16:36:22 +1100
> Juanse wrote: "That is a wrong statement. There is not such thing as
> direction of sun's
> gravity."
>
> The gravity of the sun is not as strongly felt here on earth as that
> of the moon, but it is responsible for 'spring' tides' that occur
> fortnightly when the sun and moon are pulling along the same line at
> full or at new moon; and for neap tides when they are pulling in
> opposite directions.

This is more or less why Juanse is correct.  The bees will feel the
gravity of the Earth, as do we all.  But an animal as small as a bee
probably is just too small.  But more importantly here is the grater
gravity of the moon as felt on Earth and that it varies its position in
relation to the Earth and Sun continuously.  Marine creatures are
affected by this gravity because of the effects of the tides.

Day length and or temperature would seem a better bet, they certainly
work in stimulating other cycles.  But others have pointed out that it
is hard to see how this can operate in a dungeon.

Geoff Manning