Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 20:28:32 +1300
Whether something is legal or illegal in one country or another is one of
the paradoxes of the 'global village.'

A honey was recently approved as a medicine in Australia based on research
done in New Zealand. In NZ it is illegal to make therapeutic claims for our
scientifically proven honeys, yet they can in Australia because they have a
much more restrictive and costly system. A paradox I know, but true.

Another paradox. In the EU there is a great deal of debate taking place over
the fact that Germany has 22,000 untested drugs on the market as medicines.
(That's right, twenty two thousand untested pharmaceutical drugs approved
for use!!!!)

Ron Law