From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2012 08:07:19 -0800

> >Bees have very little to do with any of this.  Beeologics was formed as a
> vehicle to sell the technology....

Dean's got it about half right.

> IAPV became the proof of concept (note that Beeologics still cites Diana
> Cox-Foster from 2007 to support IAPV

When I was in Israel to speak last week, I had the pleasure of visiting
most of the bee researchers there--none of whom had any connection to
Monsanto whatsoever.

They have a different take on IAPV.  They feel that it was imported on
queens, which they import in large numbers from other countries.  I saw
photos of colonies that had collapsed from IAPV.  They looked identical to
those that collapsed in my trials in California in which we inoculated
colonies with IAPV.  Also identical to several of the reports of CCD.

Clearly IAPV is not involved in all cases of colony collapse.  But it
certainly appears to me to be able to cause rapid colony collapse.
--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA