From:
Murray McGregor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 19:54:35 +0100
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Lloyd Spear
<[log in to unmask]> writes

>In my experience, bees will properly draw Pierco only when given a full
>super of undrawn Pierco foundation.  Then they will do fine.  Anything less
>than a full super and you are likely to have problems.
>
>Far better, in my opinion, is the Dadant beeswax coated Plasticell.

I presume that you are comparing unwaxed Pierco to waxed Plasticell here
(at least that is how it reads to me.)

I use both Plasticell and Pierco, both waxed, and find little difference
in acceptance, both being fine, although less acceptable than wax.
Unwaxed of either, in our climate, is a waste of time. Either of them,
as foundation, mixed with wood/wax frames can cause a right old mess.

There are also colonies which are just plain cussed about working
plastic, and even with wood/wax there are always a few which just do not
draw comb well to the pattern we want. Perhaps the colony being referred
to is one of those.
--
Murray McGregor