From:
Bob & Char Hack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 06:18:24 -0700
But I was really hoping to hear about some more UNUSUAL smoker fuel.

pb

Didn't think my choice of fuel was that unusual, but so far it hasn't been mentioned. I use the inner bark of the birch tree (kinda punky and brittle). It is a little difficult to light on it's own, but packs well on top of burlap or wood shavings. Ounce lit, it lasts 3 -4 hours. One top up when I stop for lunch is all that is needed for the rest of the day. What lis eft over is used on top of the shavings the next days use. Anyone splitting dry birch fire wood will gladly give you a lifetime supply.

cheers ... b