From:
Mike Rossander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2010 12:33:07 -0800
--- On Thu, 3/4/10, [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Anyone have a tried method to unwarp plastic frames?

Depends on the degree of warp but in some circumstances, they will unwarp themselves.

Example:  I freeze drone frames.  Straight from the freezer to the beeyard, they are still rock hard so I prop them in the sun to thaw while getting everything else ready.  During those few minutes, they warp as much as an inch out of true.  I slide them into the hive anyway.  They're straight in a day or two.

On the other hand, the ones that I put in the solar wax melter warped far beyond repair.  Luckily my community recycles that grade of plastic so I scrape and discard.  If you are going to clamp and straighten frames outside the hive, I suggest raising the temperature (under glass in the sun or perhaps in an oven with the pilot light going) to speed and set the process.

Mike Rossander
www.rossander.org/infosec